1. This is the surgery timer, and it shows the time remaining for the current surgery.
2. This is the hearts counter, and these hearts indicate the amount of times you're allowed to fail a procedure. For example, if you select the wrong tool, use the wrong tool on a patient, incorrectly stitch up the patient, etc.
3. This is the Pause button. You can tap this button to pause the current operation.
4. These are your tools, and you'll need these to complete surgeries. Each tool has a different function that's useful for different types of surgeries.
5. A dialogue box is what Amy uses to help you during surgeries by giving you advice on how to proceed through each step in the procedure.
6. This is your current selected tool. Current selected tools will always be highlighted.
7. This icon marks your progress in the current surgery. The more circles there are, the more steps you need to complete in order to finish the surgery. In this example, the player has completed the first step and is now on the second and final step of the surgery.